Search within this blog:

Diary: Colonix and Toxinout - (in progress)

See also this post about the purchase:
Review: Colinix and Toxinout (detox/cleanse kit)

Goodmorning!

Today is day 1 on my detox program.
I popped 2 Paranil capsules from the Colonix kit on an empty stomach this morning. 20-20 minutes later I mixed ½ tbsp of the Colonix fiber in a glass of water, followed by another glass of plain water.
I am supposed to pop 2 Flora Protect (probiotics) capsules somewhere between an hour after the last meal of the day and bedtime, as well as a cup of KleriTea before bed.


Comments/observations:
Paranil capsules:
They smell like herbs, but has no taste, no after-taste and are not too big to swallow.
First impressions: Thumbs up!

Colonix Intestinal Cleanser (Fiber):
It smells a bit like liquorice roots, but it doesn't really have a taste when mixed into water. I was expecting something that would make me do a funny-face after drinking it, but it went down almost as easy as just plain water.
The texture of the powder is very fine and soft.
The main ingredient is Psyllium husks. I have taken plain Psyllium husks as a supplement earlier, and I used to have to grind it in my coffeegrinder, to make it fine and flour-like in texture, so it didn't feel "funny" or "gooey" on my tongue.
I bet someone at drnatura.com had the bright idea to do just that with the The Colonix Fiber, too since it has a fine flour-like texture, which makes is very easy to swallow when mixed in water.
No real taste, no after taste and easy to swallow.
First impressions: Thumbs up!

I'll return later tonight with my first impressions on Flora Protect and KleriTea.

So long,

/Florina


**********

The day is done, and I drank 2 litres (8 glasses) of water during the day as it says in the instructions. I popped 2 Flora Protect capsules, and drank a cup of KleriTea as I got ready for bed.

Flora Protect capsules (probiotics):
The capsules are the same size as the Paranil-capsules, and easy to swallow. No taste, no aftertaste and no surprises.
First impressions: Thumbs up!

KleriTea:
During the first 5 days, I am supposed to steep the teabag in a cup of hot water for 1-2 minutes, so I did that.
I was curious about the taste, and found it somewhat nice. Almost neutral in taste. No bitterness or spicy taste to it, really. I would be very surprised if anyone would dislike it.
I'm a regular tea-drinker, and I'd say it tastes like a very thin cup of herbal tea.
From day 6-30, I am supposed to steep the teabag for 3-6 minutes, but being so mild/neutral in taste, I don't think that's going to be a problem taste-wise for anyone, and most certainly not for me.
First impressions: Thumbs up!

My thoughts on these products in general are that it seems like someone really put some thought into making these products both convenient, and as neutral as possible.
Having tried different alternative/herbal products over the years, I was kinda expecting that I'd have to "force it down" to some degree, but I'm happy to say that this is not the case at all.

Next thing I am expecting is "a strong urge to evacuate first thing in the morning, accompanied by slight cramping - especially during the first few days" as it says in the instructions about the KleriTea. I know this probably sounds freaky, but I'm kinda looking forward to that - lol - I mean... It will be the first indication that this product is actually working, and I've been wanting to do this for soooo long.

I'm off to bed now, and I'll return to add to this post in the morning, to let you know what the "morning after" feels like.

Goodnight.

/Florina

**********

Goodmorning!
What a dissapointment. I didn't have an urge, and no cramps either - lol
I still feel confident that it'll work, though.
I went back to read some of the testimonials here and here at drnatura.com
(there are different ones on almost every page). Some people write that they don't feel or see any difference for the first week or so. I'm guessing this will be the case for me, too.
I also re-read the instructions, and it says under "During days 6 - 30": "(You'll need to fine-tune the KleriTea to your body. It can make a big difference in the morning how long you steep the tea at night. Some people have a strong urge in the morning just by soaking the tea for 1 or 2 minutes. Others may need 6 or even 8 minutes to achieve the same results.)"
I think I'll let the KleriTea steep for 3-4 minutes tonight, and see how that works.
Still thumbs up.

I'll be back tomorrow to let you know how I'm doing.

So long,

/Florina


**********

Goodmorning!
It's now day 5, and I finally woke up with the "sligth cramp and urge to evacuate". So it's working. I did have to steep the KleriTea for 6 minutes to get this effect, but as it says in the instructions, some people just need a stronger tea to get the effects. I'm a big girl, so it makes sense to me that I'd need a big "dose".
The diarrhea went away on day 2, but it's still not entirely "solid", and none of the "strings with attached goo" that can be seen on drnatura.com either. Now you know - lol

I've lost a total of 6 kg (13 lbs) so far, but it's not all the cleanse.
I've been making very concious food choices for the last 3 weeks, and though I'm not on a calorie-restricted diet plan, I've just naturally had a difference between calorie intake and expendidure during the last 3 weeks or so.
Note: I do NOT recommend a calorie-restricted diet for weightloss per se. It has just happened because my body (and mind) is undergoing a change at the moment.
What I HAVE done conciously is eliminating (almost all) processed foods, and switched to organic foods. My diet these days are a lot of greens and vegetables, a lot of fruits (to make the transition easier) and boiled or oven-roasted chicken breast (organic when available). I have also had quite a bit of good quality organic dark chocolate... I am not ready to let that go, just yet.

I'll be back ;-)
/Florina


**********


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Awesome post, all the given information is so informative for us; I really appreciated from your information.Colonix addresses the unfortunate fact that toxins in our food supply and environment are here to stay. It’s something that future generations and we must deal with in our lifetime. Instead of getting overwhelmed by this sad reality, feel in control of your health and be proactive with our amazing new cleansing solution.
Thanks,