Search within this blog:

Grocery-list

Note: In progress
I will probably go back to this post and edit it as I stumble upon new knowledge and/or new experiences. I might make a new post refering to this one from time to time, whenever there is something new that's important in one way or another. So keep coming back ;-)
Comments and suggestions are VERY welcome!


This is a shortlist (really!) of the groceries I keep in my fridge, freezer or kitchen cabinets.
I have written a link to either a website with information about the product, and/or reseller/s where available and relevant. Also a short comment on what to look for if you are looking for alternatives to the brand I'm suggesting.

Florinas Grocerylist:

Fruits: (organic when available)
Bananas - sliced and frozen for texture in smoothies

Strawberries - frozen for smoothies, breakfast and snacks. ...oO( Strawberry-Goji-milkshakes... mmh...)

Lemons
- fresh.
I probably use 3-4 lemons a day. I make my own lemonjuice (and sometimes lemonade sweetened with Zsweet) Click here to read more about some health benefits of lemons.

Melons
- fresh and/or dehydrated or as fruitleather. I adore honeydew melons. Unfortunately I can only get organic melons a few months of the year, and when I can, they're extremely expensive. Luckily melons aren't so bad as non-organic, so I must admit that I "cheat" a bit when it comes to melons, and buy a lot of them non-organic.

Vegetables:
(organic when available)
Spinach - (fresh or frozen) I eat spinach daily. You can just taste that it's good for you, right? I usually just blend it or juice it. When it's available fresh and raw, I use it as I would normally use lettuce in a salad. I often make a green smoothie with frozen spinach, kale, and "icecubed" cucumberjuice and mix in some of my green powdered superfoods (spirulina, barley grass, wheat grass, Alfalfa/Lucerne, Chlorella, Kelp) and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning. Though some mornings I just pop a few supergreen tablets, if I'm either too tired or just not in the mood for a green drink.

Carrots
- fresh . I cut them into sticks in the morning and keep them in a jar with water on my tabletop, and snack on them during the day.

Lettuce
- salads, salads, salads. Is there anything you can't mix with lettuce and make into a salad? And they have pretty cheap organic lettuce-in-a-bag in my local non-organic supermarket YAY!

Avocado - *Homer Simpson-voice* Mmmhh... Avocados!
Click here to go to avocado.org for nutritinal and general info, as well as great tips on how to choose and prepare avocados.
Avocados are good for you on so many levels. They taste good with almost everything. Since I eat a lot of salads, I put them in most of them. They are a bit messy to prepare, but it's easier when they are ripe. I eat them raw when organic ones are are available, and I eat organic avocado oil as a supplement for the health benefits, whenever organic raw avocados are either not available or too expensive.


Juices: (bottled and homemade, but always organic)
Lemonjuice - I use it for so many things. I mix it with filtered water and spray it on fruits and vegetables before dehydrating them so they don't turn brown before they are dried. I use it as an alkalizer when I'm either out of AlkaLife droplets, or just feel like adding a little taste to the 2 liters (8 glasses) of water I drink every day. I make lemonade sweetened with organic Zsweet. Did you know that even though lemons and lemonjuice are acidic, it is alkalizing when digested? (Click the line to read more) And an alkaline environment in the digestive tract is a good thing. A very good thing, even!


Coconut water/juice - dr. martins coco juice, organic! - not to be confused with coconut milk! Coconutwater/juice is the clear liquid inside the young green coconuts. It is actually this water (or juice) that eventually turn into coconut flesh in mature, (brown when dried) coconuts, as we know as from which the coconutflour, -flakes and -milk. Sometimes when you buy a (brown) coconut, you can hear a little juice splashing inside the nut (which is technically not a nut, but a seed btw.) when you shake it. I ADORE it. I'm convinced that it's goooood for me... instinctively I just know that anything that tastes this good to me, has to be good for something other than pleasing my tastebuds! I use it as a comfortfood, I must admit. And I do tend to overeat (or overdrink) this.

Aloe juice -

Sweeteners and flavourings:
Zsweet Erythritol - (organic)
Lakanto Erythritol - buy Lakanto at bodyecology.com -It's cheaper than Zsweet if you live in the U.S. and they tell you from what fruit it's made (luo han guo fruit from China) but I'm not sure it's organic
Cola flavour -
Instant "Coffee" (roasted rye, barley and chicory) - from wildernessdining.com - If you're like coffee, but think it's not good for you, then try this.



No comments: