Search within this blog:

Gadgets and helpful thingies

Florina: "Hi... My name is Florina and I'm a kitchen-gadget addict!"
Crowd: "Hi Florina!"


When I'm old and grey, it is my dream to own a kitchen-gadget museum. And I'd sleep there at night, too!
Gadgets, helpful thingies, kitchen appliances, machines, tools... you name it, and I'll probably want it, or I already have it.

Please write comments to this post if you have anything you think would fit into this list, or if you know where to buy any of the things I have listed under "searching for".

(This list is in progress)

Things I am searching for:

Manual potato-scrubber/-peeler-machine
When I was a little girl, I lived next door to an old couple who had potatoes and thick brown gravy every day. The lady had this plastic centrifuge-kinda thingy to peel off the skin of raw potatoes. It was a bowl with a flat bottom, a transparent lid and a handle. The inside was like course sandpaper, but still plastic (as I remember it). She would rinse the potatoes under water, to get most of the dirt off. Then she'd drop them into the bowl, put on the lid, and rotate the handle, making the potatoes spin inside. She'd do this for like 10-30 seconds, and then the potatoes would be peeled. I LOVED watching her do this. And when I got old enough, she'd let me do it! It felt like magic to me, and I'm sure that my inner kitchen-gadget addict was awakened by this lady. I have wanted this potato-peeler for many many years, but I can't find it anywhere. *sobs*
Pleeeease leave a comment, prerefably with a link, to this post if you know where I can get one. I'd be so HAPPY!


Things on my wishlist:


Sprouter

Seen on excalibur.com ($8.95)

Seen on freshlifesprouter.com ($99.00)




Things I have:



No comments: